It’s a coffee shop drink we can enjoy at home!
Whipped coffee is also known as Dalgona coffee and it is very popular in South Korea. It’s also common in Greece where it’s called Frappe Coffee and in India where it’s called Beaten Coffee. So fancy and fun! A coffee shop drink you can enjoy at home! I’ve added grilled chocolate chip banana bread to mine, and if you want to skip the caffeine it’s great with vanilla ice cream. I topped both with crushed almonds and cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 2 cups your favorite milk (for serving)
- ¼ cup crushed almonds (for topping)
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- For the bread: Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate small bowl mix the bananas, milk cinnamon. In a separate small bowl beat together butter and sugar, then add one egg at a time while beating. Stir the banana mixture together with the egg mixture. Combine with the flour mixture and fold in chocolate chips. Bake in a greased 9×5 loaf pan for about 70 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Slice, add butter to both sides and crisp in a grill pan.
- In a medium size bowl, add the coffee, sugar and boiling water. Whisk together until whipped cream consistency.
- Serve it over your favorite iced or hot milk. Add slices of crispy chocolate chip banana bread. Sprinkle with crushed almonds and cinnamon.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.