I strongly believe that this is one of those recipes every family needs to have. These crispy potato pancakes only needs just a few common ingredients, and I have never met a person who doesn’t like them. Kids are crazy about these! You can serve them with some eggs and avocado for breakfast!
Potato Pancake Breakfast
- 2 medium russet potatoes (finely grated)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup yellow or white onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- canola oil
- 1 egg (for frying)
- ½ avocado (for topping)
- Drain liquid from potatoes. In a large bowl, add potatoes, egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat ⅛" oil over medium heat. Drop ¼ cup batter in, press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to paper towels to drain; season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Top with fried egg, avocado, salt and pepper.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.