Chicken and vegetable stir fry with teriyaki sauce served over white rice. With this quick and easy weeknight dinner, you get your protein and veggies, all in one skillet in less than 20 minutes. The family will be at the table eating healthy and asking for more!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- dash of soy sauce
- 3 cups chopped mixed vegetables (such as asparagus, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms)
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts (drained, chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 4 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice, quinoa, noodles or cauliflower rice)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 oz fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- For the sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat the garlic and peanut oil. Add the soy sauce, water, honey brown sugar, cinnamon, toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and dissolve in ¼ cup water to make a slurry. Add to the sauce and simmer 1 minute.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add ½ tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken and a dash of soy sauce. Cook 6 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add ½ tbsp olive oil, bell pepper and vegetables. Cook 4 minutes until soft. Add chestnuts and chicken.
- Pour sauce over all and toss. Simmer 1 minute. Stir in ½ of the spring onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with remaining spring onions.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.