Creamy Chicken Florentine has tender baked chicken coated in an amazing garlic spinach mushroom white wine cream sauce! A simple and delicious dish everyone will be coming back for more.
Em’s Chicken Florentine
- 4 chicken breast halves (skinless)
- ¼ cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup white wine
- ¾ cup half & half
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach (steamed)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until no longer pink. Set aside. Reserve the liquid.
- Increase oven to 400°. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, add the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, reserved liquid from baked chicken and wine. Slightly reduce the liquid, then add half & half and parmesan cheese.
- Spray 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Add the steamed spinach to the bottom then layer the mushrooms on top. Pour half the sauce mixture over the mushrooms. Place the chicken breasts on top then cover with the remaining sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.