This salad is a naturally sweet & healthy with a kick of ginger. You could substitute pear for the apple or toss in a handful of chopped arugula or fresh herbs.
Kale & Cabbage Salad with Apples & Ginger
- 2 cups cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 large apple (cored, cut into thin strips)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds (toasted, cooled)
- 2 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (toasted, cooled)
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients together.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.