An easy and flavorful creamy potato chowder recipe that can be made in just one pot! Savory, creamy and delicious, this is a favorite comfort food in my house.
Creamy Lemon Thyme Potato Chowder with Sage Butter Croutons
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large yellow or white onion (diced)
- 2 Celery stalks (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced) (optional)
- 4 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 6 cups Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 5 cups Chicken broth
- ½ Lemon juiced and zest
- ¾ cup Half & half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Sherry
- 2 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp Sage (finely chopped fresh or 1 tbsp. dried)
- 2 cups Bread cubes
- For the croutons: In a large bowl, toss the butter, sage and bread together to coat well. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375°, turning once halfway through. Set aside.
- For the chowder: In a large saucepot, melt butter and add the onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until tender. Add the garlic and fresh thyme. Sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Use an immersion blender and blend the ingredients to your desired consistency.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, half & half, salt, pepper, and sherry. Stir well.
- Top with croutons and fresh thyme.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.