A flavorful herby tomato bisque with a punch of tangy lemon guaranteed to warm you up. Excellent served with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich.
Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Bisque with Lemon Basil Quinoa & Parmesan Crisps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- 1 roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can regular diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 bread slices
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- In a large sauce pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, carrot, red pepper and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Roll the bread slices with a rolling pin until flat. Add the cheese and toast for 3-4 minutes. Cut into triangle pieces.
- To the quinoa, add the lemon juice and 1 tbsp. freshly chopped basil and stir.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree with immersion blender. Stir in cream.
- Serve in a flat bowl with ½ cup of the lemon basil quinoa, a few parmesan cheese crisps and fresh basil.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.