Crispy Cajun chicken with bacon, chorizo and okra over creamy carbonara angel hair pasta.
Cajun Chicken Carbonara
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- Cajun Seasoning (spice blend in instructions)
- ½ cup Corn Meal
- 1 chorizo (chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 cup okra (sliced)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 egg
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup parmesean cheese (grated)
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board and generously sprinkle your favorite Cajun seasoning on both sides. Then sprinkle cornmeal on both sides. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound it out to ¼ inch thick pieces. For my Cajun seasoning blend, I use 3T paprika, 2T fine kosher salt, 2T garlic powder, 2T ground black pepper, 1T onion powder, 1T dried oregano, 1T cayenne, ½T dried thyme.
- In a large saucepot, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the carbonara sauce ingredients.
- In a large hot skillet, add olive oil and place the chicken breasts in pan to crisp up on both sides, until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chorizo and bacon to crisp up, then add the garlic, rosemary and okra.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and remove from heat. Add the carbonara sauce. Mix well and add additional pasta water if needed to make a creamy consistency.
- Slice the chicken into strips, and plate the pasta adding the chicken on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.