Deep dish taco pizza with nacho cheese, sautéed beef, onions, cilantro, garlic and taco seasonings, mozzarella cheese, black beans, and cumin. Topped with lettuce, tomato, red onions, jalapenos, sour cream, creamy Adobe sauce and chili powder.
Deep Dish Taco Pizza
Toppings for one pizza
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup black beans (drained, rinsed)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream mixed with 2 tbsp chipotle or adobo tomato paste
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- ½ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup tomato (seeded, diced)
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded)
Pizza Dough for 2 pizzas (I always freeze one for later)
- 3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For the pizza dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flour, yeast, and salt. While the mixer is running, add the water and olive oil and beat until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is smooth. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead, for about 5 minutes. To knead the pizza dough, turn the dough a quarter turn after each motion. You will know when the dough is ready when the dough is smooth and springs back immediately when lightly pressed, and doesn't tear when you pull it.
- Divide the dough in half and form into 2 balls. If you are only making one pizza, you can wrap one in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. Otherwise, lightly grease 2 medium bowls with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and place a dough ball inside of each bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil. Turn one of the dough balls out onto a lightly floured surface, keeping the other one covered until ready to use. Gently press out dough from the center into 6-inch circle, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Gently stretch dough into a 10 to 12-inch circle.
- Transfer pizza dough to an oiled cast iron skillet and brush top of dough lightly with olive oil. Top with nacho cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese, beef and onion mixture, black beans, cumin, and another layer of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Garnish with diced red onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, jalapeno pepper, adobo sauce and chili powder.
- In a skillet, brown the beef and onion then drain. Add the cilantro, garlic powder and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Top the dough with nacho cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese, beef and onion mixture, black beans, cumin, and another layer of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Garnish with diced red onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, jalapeno pepper, adobo sauce and chili powder.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.