Lots of flavor and crunch in this recipe! It is super fast too since you start with a rotisserie chicken already cooked. The seasoning is satisfying and super delicious!
Fried Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken (from your favorite grocery store)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup crushed rice crispy cereal
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Cut the rotisserie into pieces separating the drumsticks, thighs and breasts (in half, if desired, for even portions).
- In a flat dish, beat the egg and set aside.
- In a large sealable bag, mix the herbs, spices, flour, and crushed cereal.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the oil and heat until 350°F.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg. Add one piece at a time to the bag with seasonings. Shake and squeeze chicken to coat all sides with seasonings and cereal mixture.
- Carefully place chicken in the skillet and adjust heat to maintain at least 300°F.
- Leave chicken alone for at least 2 minutes. When the crust has bonded with the chicken, flip the chicken pieces.
- Place onto a wire rack to cool. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.