Do you miss Thanksgiving? Why not have a Thanksgiving hoagie! Sweet potato ricotta sage mash, herb roasted turkey, cranberry orange ginger chutney, garlic chive butter blanched kale, and brie cheese on a sesame roll.
- 1 lb Boar's Head Roasted Turkey (sliced thick)
- 4 Sesame seed hoagie rolls
- 8 Brie cheese slices (cut in half)
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves (stems removed)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
Sweet Potato Ricotta Mash
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tbsp. honey
Cranberry Orange Ginger Chutney
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 navel oranges (peeled)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- Slice turkey in thick slices and set aside.
- For the sweet potato mash: In a medium pot, boil potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, until soft. Drain and return to pot. Mash with hand masher. Add the ricotta, milk, sage and honey. Stir to mix well. Cover to keep warm.
- For the chutney: In a small saucepan, peel the oranges and cut in-between each slice to add the flesh of the orange to the pot. Squeeze the remaining juice into the pan. Add the cranberries and water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes to give the cranberries time to plump up. Add the vinegar, sugars and ginger. Simmer until it thickens, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil, add the kale to blanch for 1-2 minutes. Remove kale and place on paper towels and pat dry. In a bowl, add the kale, minced garlic and butter. Toss until coated.
- Assemble the hoagie by covering the inside top and bottom with sweet potato mash, turkey, chutney, kale and brie cheese slices.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.