This easy pizza recipe is easy! I love serving it with a salad. You can also make the crust into small personal pizzas and let the kids put their own toppings on it, which is super fun.
Veggie Basil Pesto and Feta Pizza
Toppings for one pizza
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 small yellow squash (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
Pizza Dough for 2 pizzas (I always freeze one for later)
- 3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For the toppings, thinly slice the zucchini, squash, tomato, and any other toppings you like, such as red onions, mushrooms, etc.
- For the pizza dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flour, yeast, and salt. While the mixer is running, add the water and olive oil and beat until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is smooth. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead, for about 5 minutes. To knead the pizza dough, turn the dough a quarter turn after each motion. You will know when the dough is ready when the dough is smooth and springs back immediately when lightly pressed, and doesn't tear when you pull it.
- Divide the dough in half and form into 2 balls. If you are only making one pizza, you can wrap one in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. Otherwise, lightly grease 2 medium bowls with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and place a dough ball inside of each bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil. Turn one of the dough balls out onto a lightly floured surface, keeping the other one covered until ready to use. Gently press out dough from the center into 6-inch circle, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Gently stretch dough into a 10 to 12-inch circle.
- Transfer pizza dough to a pizza stone or an oiled pan and brush top of dough lightly with olive oil. Top with marinara sauce, toppings, pesto, Italian seasoning and cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Garnish with spring onions.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below.